Summer Entrepreneurship Camp
Students: ages 13-18
Dates: July 13-31, 2017
Highlights of the Entrepreneurship Camp
- Teens from Asia and the United States work in groups to develop solutions to real world problems and pitch their action plans to a panel of judges.
- Participate in a course on social entrepreneurship for two weeks on the campus of the University of Notre Dame.
- Live with safe and caring host families
- Live on the campus of the University of Chicago (Ranked #3 in the US) while taking tours of Chicago, including a boat ride on Lake Michigan, eating deep dish pizza, shopping at the Apple Store on Lake Michigan, and visiting Millenium Park.
- Learn lessons every morning on perserverance, relationships, vision, creativity and communication on servant leadership.
- Visit several social enterprises and volunteer on work projects.
Sample Daily Schedule
Day 1 – Arrive at Chicago O’Hare Airport
Day 2 – Orientation & Tour US High Schooll
Day 3 – Tours of Chicago & University of Chicago (Ranked #3)
Day 4 – Team Building with American Students & Welcome Picnic
Days 5-8 – Entrepreneurship Course, Academic English Class and Field Trips to Innovative Social Enterprises, do projects on teams with American students.
Day 9 – Day at Amish Farm, buggy ride
Days 10-11 – Weekend with host family
Days 12-14 – Entrepreneurship Course, Academic English Class and Field Trips to Innovative Social Enterprises, do projects on teams with American students
Day 15 – Farewell Banquet and Enterprise Pitch Competition
Day 16 – Fun Day at Lake Michigan Beach and Outlet Shopping
Days 17-18 – Weekend with Host Family
Day 19 – Fly back to Asia
This program helped me improve my English.
I have been to the US for sightseeing trips but I didn’t have the chance to take classes and do projects with American students.
This camp helped me better know myself and develop better English proficiency.
I was really impacted by our volunteer activities with American students at local charities. We did a lot of work like packing boxes with books and weeding the garden at the homeless shelter.
Other programs organized by travel agencies only provide a very surface look at America, but PLIES programs give me the chance to experience the real American life.
I am really grateful to PLIES staff and my daughter’s host family for their great love to my daughter. I am sure they will have great influence to my daughter. Thanks God and every team members of PLIES for this wonderful host family of my daughter.Mother from Henan, China
I feel so grateful for your good care to every kid. My daughter becomes communicative. In fact, she used to be a girl of few words. I am so glad to see she had a great time with her host family. This 21-day summer institute will give her a great help to her whole life.Mother of a Summer Entrepreneurship Camp Student
The study tour was different and fresh every day. The information from the group shows the value of the project and richness of the activities. I was deeply moved by your lovely smiles、kind and godliness attitude for the children!”Parent of Summer Entrepreneur Student